mardi 11 juillet 2017

The Edge of Us : will love be stronger than anything else?

Eight years ago, Cole Van Buren left me at the altar without a single explanation. My heart’s been at a standstill ever since, the anger keeping me from moving on. Keeping me from seeing the man who’s been right in front of me all this time…

Andrew’s been the friend I needed, the one constant through the hardest times of my life. But one night, the lines blur and we’re tipped into something more. Just when I’m ready to explore what we could be…

My ex comes back.

Cole says he didn’t come to get me back, but I should know better. The answers he dangles overhead are the ones I need to finally let go.

Except there’s no such thing as closure, only a past that wants to pull you backward.
Release Date
: august 1st 2017
Editor : Independent
Price: TBA
Pages: TBA

My reviewimage host

Before writing my complete review, I'd like to say thank you to Veronica Larsen who trusted me and allowed me to read this ARC version of her upcoming novel.

I had read Reckless Touch by Veronica Larsen and when I received the mail from this author proposing me to read her new novel, I naturally accepted with great pleasure. Reading the synopsis of The Edge of Us, I knew I was going to have a great time reading it and the cover is the mirror of the beauty of this story that will move you.

Mila Zelenko is a young woman who is at the peak of her career since we discover her at a party where she will receive the Female Entrepreneur of the Year award. She knows how to lead her team with a strong force but with a sweet attitude and one feels in the pages that her success is not only deserved but that she can be an example for young women who must fight to have their place in this world of men. I highly appreciated this character because we do not fall into the feminist romance where the heroine must prove herself by forging a shell to face the world that surrounds her. Her career is honored to show that this woman was able to rebound after a sentimental failure that is still hurting her. Indeed, on her wedding day, her future husband left her at hte altar without any explanation. So let me tell you that she has no more confidence in men and that whoever will open her heart is not yet born. What I also liked about her was that she didn't become an embittered and insensitive woman. She fights to forget the past and try to move forward. She is about to succeed when her past returns. She will have to face the past to try to build a serene future. But will she be able to do it? Will she have the will? Will she get the answers to her questions?

Andrew Pearson is a long-time friend, one who could have enjoyed his disorientation one night when she wanted to forget everything and send everything away. From a one stand night, a wonderful friendship has been born and for more than 8 years Andrew will always be with Mila. The icing on the cake, he works with her so not only he is a sure friend but also an employee on whom she can rely. Mila has no girlfriends with whom she can talk about the worries that bother her and I think that Andrew unwittingly compensates for this lack. Both are not aware that the frontier between friendship and  love is thin. He also had difficulty recovering from his previous breakup, but he refused to admit it. I liked the character of Andrew even though some aspects bothered me about it at first. My doubts were confirmed later and the truth that we discover about him is not that beautiful to see. He has this lack of self-confidence which will lead him to somewhat desperate but disastrous consequences. His selfishness will not be without price, and we hope that he will at some point have the capacity to think about his actions in order to move forward. Will he be able to show up? Will he be someone else than Mila's friend?

Finally among the heroes we have Cole Van Buren who is at the very heart of the story.He doesn't appear immediately in the novel but the stigmata of his acts will be present. He is a very interesting and very complex character that I loved to discover as the plot grew. He is therefore part of the past of Mila but in other characters too. Obviously I will not draw up the list otherwise I would risk revealing to you a part of the plot. Cole will be an enigma to solve over the pages. We will discover him in this form of tortured, lively artist who expresses himself correctly only through his art. I loved the descriptions of his works of art because we visualize quite easily the rendering of his art even if the subject of inspiration seems the same. With him, we also discover two other characters who are an integral part of his life and who will have an important role in the course of the plot. Camille is Cole's sister and could have kept in touch with Mila after her brother's shattering start but this was not the case. Unlike Mila, she does not have that strength in her and a flaw will be visible from the start. She shares this common point with her brother but does not manage it in the same way. Will it be the link between COle and Mila? Will she be able to find her friend? As for Grant, he is Cole's best friend and knows everything about this landmark event of his past. Yet he will never betray his friend's trust and if Mila wants answers, she will have to ask to Cole. With Grant, we also have the presence of Tobias Kresler, his father but also the mentor of Mila. It will have a striking impact on the whole plot but I will not tell you more.

In short, if you read in English and still haven't read any of Veronica Larsen's novels, I can only advise you to read this sublime romance. The emotions are vivid and take you to the guts. I love when love stories are not simple from beginning to end and so I was thrilled to discover this romance that moved me. Art is present and acts as a kind of therapy for our heroes. Are second chances possible? Is love worth taking the risk of seeing our heart broken again? What is the value of a man?

iBooks preorder: http://apple.co/2rx3EnW
I'll put the other pre-order link as soon as possible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci pour votre commentaire. Je le validerai après l'avoir lu . Belle journée et merci pour votre fidélité

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...